Our new multi purpose venue officially opened on 7th November 2009.
Log on to Junction's website www.junctiongoole.co.uk
New free bus service between Goole and Howden station.
We are please to confirm that an all new bus link will be provided from Monday 14th June 2010 from Goole to Howden and onto Howden Station.
For timetable details, click on the link Goole to Howden timetable
REPLACEMENT FOR TV STAMPS SCHEME
For some years Goole residents of state pensionable age and not in receipt of a free TV licence have received £16 of free TV stamps towards the cost of their licence. TV stamps have now been withdrawn by the Post Office as a way of saving for a licence.
The Town Council has recently established a voucher system as a replacement for the TV stamps scheme.
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
- Who can claim the vouchers?
- Any Goole household that has a resident of state pensionable age.
- What are the vouchers worth?
- £10 per household.
- Why the reduction from £16 to £10?
- Because for the first time those aged 75 and over will qualify and therefore there will be more claimants to be paid from the same budgeted amount.
What can the vouchers be used for?
The vouchers can currently be used to pay for any Town Council service e.g theatre tickets, allotment rent, community room hire, sports hire. They can also be redeemed against the services of some partner organisations e.g The Green Team's gardening service, hire of the Goole Gofar bus or car. You can now also use vouchers to pay for an annual concessionary bus or rail pass available from the East Riding of Yorkshire Council's Customer Services Centre in Church Street.
- When must the vouchers be spent?
- Vouchers are valid for 18 months from the date of issue.
- How can I claim my vouchers?
- Call in at the Council's reception at Junction.
You will need proof that you are in receipt of a state pension, together with proof of residency.